Today is 2 Weeks After my Tummy Tuck and Dr Said I Dont Have Any Liquid Can I Still Get a Seroma at Week 3?

Fluid collection after tummy tuck

+2

Development of a seroma becomes less likely the further you get out from your tummy tuck.  At three weeks, it is unlikely that you would develop a seroma if your swelling is resolving but it is possible.  Be sure to follow your surgeon's post-operative instructions.  Congratulations!

Can I Develop a Seroma 3 Weeks after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Yes, it is possible to develop a seroma even after 3 weeks.  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Can I Still Get a Seroma at Week 3?

+1

Possible, but unlikely. The further out from surgery, the less likely. Wearing a binder and limiting strenuous activities will decrease the chances. 

Thanks, all the best. 

Much less likely but still wear you abdominal binder

+1

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you have healed well without issues such as seroma accumulation.  The chance of seroma accumulation from now on is much less likely.  I would still wear an abdominal binder firmly and refrain from vigorous exercise for at least another 2 weeks.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Seroma after Tummy Tuck 3 weeks postop

+1

It is possible, but uncommon to develop a seroma 3 weeks after a tummy tuck. If you had drains postoperatively, and they were removed at the appropriate time, it is unlikely that you would re-accumulate fluid. If you are concerned, I recommend making a follow up appointment with you Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your question!

Greory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD