Today I Had my First IPL Treatment to Treat Mild Acne(to Kill Bacteria), I Have A Few New Freckles, Will They Fade?

Today I had my first IPL treatment to treat mild acne(to kill bacteria), I noticed there are a few freckles rise to the surface.Will they fade away? Will hydroquinone helps?

IPL for acne and freckles

+3

Most likely the settings that treat acne, which are in the lower range of visible light, have also treated your freckles.  The first thing that happens when freckles are treated with IPL is they get darker, then they break up usually into what is called "coffee grounds" and then fade.  And some will disappear.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

They're not new!

+2

Rather they are simply highlighted from the procedure, and likely will peel off within a week or two.  Not to worry!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon