Today is 4wks after FaceLift. Left side has no more Fluid comes out but still bother me with swollen lump (taking Amoxillin)?

Today is 4wks after FaceLift. Left side has no more Fluid comes out but still bother me with swollen lump (taking Amoxillin). Should this lump be poked by Dr ? or drain some more ? or it will be gone by times ?

Fluid and bump after Facelift

+1
Dear findasolution, You will need to see your surgeon for an immediate post operative evaluation to determine the cause of this swelling. Depending on the source of the complication i.e. seroma, swelling, suture reaction, hematoma, etc this needs a direct examination and then a proper plan for treatment should be arranged upon diagnosis. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Today is 4wks after FaceLift. Left side has no more Fluid comes out but still bother me with swollen lump (taking Amoxillin)? As

+1

Sorry for this post operative complication. But over the internet it is really a dis service to you to suggest any definitive diagnosis without seeing you in person and obtaining a full medical/surgical history. Whether it is swelling, persistent seroma, hematoma or a salivary fistula issue CAN NOT be determine in this forum. Best to either have a in person frank discussion with your chosen operative surgeon or seek in person second opinions. My guess- I believe 4 weeks is "short" time interval and continued massage or pressure to area may help resolve. Good luck

Swollen lump in the face after facelift

+1

A persistent lump after a history of drainage from the wound four weeks after a facelift is unusual and concerning. Without seeing you in person I would not be able to tell you if further drainage needs to happen or whether it should be poked. If it is still soft and easily compressed, then there could likely be fluid that needs to be drained. If it feels hard to the touch and non-tender it could be the development of scar tissue from previous needle pokes. If the area gets larger after you eat, it could be saliva that is accumulating under the skin and also should be treated with compression.

Fluid after facelift

+1

Fluid 4 weeks after any surgery should typically be removed. If it is in the incision behind the ear, ask your doctor to be certain it is not a salivary gland fistula. This is slightly more common in deep plane lift, but can occur in any facelift surgery.

Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Any fluid in the face for weeks after a facelift should be removed

+1

. Your convalescence after a facelift isquite protracted. Any fluid collection should should be drained.

Bump on cheek following facelift

+1

4 weeks out from facelift is too long for continued blood collection. This is either a persistent seroma (a space under the skin that has not yet collapsed and healed shut will fill with a yellow-tinged clear fluid) - or it could be fluid from your parotid gland (which is one of your salivary glands). Both can resolve with continued aspiration (drainage with a needle) and/or applying a pressure wrap. Rarely does the surgeon have to open and surgically repair either problem. A lump without fluid accumulation is another problem altogether. Make sure you follow up with your surgeon to get this resolved.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cyst after a facelift

+1

It appears from the photo that you may have a collection of fluid over your parotid gland. I would be worried about a parotid fistula. Have your plastic surgeon aspirate the fluid and sent the specimen in for an Amylase level to determine if you have a fistula.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon