I Am 5'1"129 Usually 131 Lb, 58, Need Tt & Thighs. Medicare/tncare Any Hope?

3 ppregnancies. 1 weighed 11 lb 14 oz, gastric bypass in2004, mavel is a cavern covered with sag, abd sags to top of thighs. muscles seperated, hoping to find dr that accepts my ins sd I am disabled, set income. searching for md who takes medicare & tncare for tummy tuck &inner thigh lift. just got back from family doc with a yeast infection in my deep navel! ewwwwe. sagging abdomin, sagging inner thighs. I wear long shorts under dresses to keep thighs from rubbing raw. I can't wear underwear often the sagging inner thighs rub & skin gets irritated then another yeast infection! bat wings and facial at another time.

Need Tt & Thighs. Medicare

+1

You might find a surgeon who takes medicare, but the issue is the unpredictability. They won't authorize these in advance, and if they decline, you will likely see an enormous bill, perhaps several times the going cash rate. 

There are plastic surgeons who accept Medicare and Medicaid

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question.  There are board-certified plastic surgeons who accept Medicare and Medicaid.  One of the issues is whether Medicare or Medicaid will cover your surgery Since it is not always straightforward.  If Medicare or Medicaid does cover your surgery they will likely only cover a panniculectomy Which involves removal of skin and fat but only at the very bottom of your abdomen.  Even in the best case scenario if you would like a tummy tuck you have to pay the difference between a panniculectomy and a Tummy tuck which treats the entire abdomen.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Massive Weight Loss Can Cause Functional Problems

+1
As your may be aware, massive weight loss can often result in dramatic changes in weight and metabolic parameters of health status. Many patients experience correction of their diabetes, hypertension, elevated cholesterol and sleep apnea in some cases.  One of the undesireable side effects of this medical treatment is the excess loose skin that can be left over after weight loss in some patients.  While the cause of dramatic skin excess in some patients versus others is not well understood, many patients experience debilitating body image and functional problems after surgery.  Post Bariatric Body Contouring can help with many of these problems.  While the original procedure is typically covered by insurance plans, the body contouring procedures are often not.  Occasssionally, skin removal in certain areas is covered when it causes a severe functional problem that is well documented.  I would recommend that you continue to seek care for the infections and skin problems that you are experiencing, and maintain a file with supporting documentation.  You should also discuss these issues with a surgeon expereinced in Post Bariatric Body Contouring to determine how they can help.  Best Wishes!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Post bariatric surgery body contouring

+1

Many patients who have gastric bypass struggle to get these issues resolved.  Insurance covers the bypass but not the surgery to remove the excess tissue without documentation of infections and other treatments secondary to this excess tissue.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS