Titan Laser After Sculptra?

About three months ago I've had Sculptra injected into my cheeks as a filler. Now I'm considering Titan laser treatment. Will this laser interfere with the Sculptra filler? And if so how?

Lasers and Sculptra go together

+1

Laser treatments can be safely administered immediately after Sculptra.  Since both act by stimulating collagen the results can be more than additive.  I have treated many patients with the combination of Sculptra and Fraxel, Active Fx, Thermage and IPL with very nice results.  Titan should be no problem.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Titan or laser should be fine 3 months after Sculptra injection

+1

Sculptra is the brand-name for poly-L-lactic acid, FDA approved for cosmetic indication as well as for HIV lipoatrophy. Sculptra is known as a bio-stimulatory filler and requires advanced injection technique x 2-3 full treatment 6-8 weeks apart to achieve liquid facelift to bring about  cheek augmentation and overall facial rejuvenation and is known to stimulate collagen production up to 6 months. Since Sculptra is typically injected in the subcutaneous layer of the skin, there is no reason why Titan or any other skin laser device cannot be administered 3 months after last Sculptra injection.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin tightening lasers and Sculptura

+1

Thanks for the question.

In our Bay Area practice we've had great success with Sculptura.  We typically advise patients to wait at least one month after Sculptura before receiving laser treatments.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Fine to have Titan 3 months after Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is generally injected into the subcutaneous layer. Titan works on the dermis, which is above that. After 3 months you should be fine to have the treatment.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD