Will Titan Be a Good Alternative After Mini Facelift and Bleph Surgery?

I had mid-face lift and upper lower bleph -its been 6 weeks and my cheeks and eyes look fantastic, it didn't really address my lower jaw, especially the jowling and the corners of the mouth. I am wondering if Titan is an option for me - I'm a bit unsure as I see there are other posts submitted by people who've said that the Titan made there face worse after they had bleph surgery and it created more wrinkling. I am in my early 40's and have good skin - but starting to loose some elasticity

+2

I agree that a minimal incision Face Lift that properly addresses the SMAS layer with dissection, trimming and re-suturing should decrease the jowls.  This is the primary function of any Face Lift, IMO.  If the SMAS was plicated, or suspended this could explain the lack of effect.  In your case, the Titan, Co2, Ulthera or Thermage might all be a way of tightening localized excess skin of the jowls.  

Titan a good alternative after "Mini" Facelift and Bleph Surgery?

+2

It sounds like your facelift was awfully "Mini". An appropriate and well done limited incision Facelift should in fact address your jowl area. One would expect your upper cheek area to look good 6 weeks after a "Mini" facelift. The problem with the Mini and less comprehensive procedures is that they provide a limited and short lived improvement. The lifting and tightening seen early starts to disappear within six months to a year. Right now your face is out of balance. The upper part looks rejuvinated and the lower part is aged. There are numerous types of skin tightening devices on the market, including Titan, but none of them reliably produce significant lifting of the lower face, jowl, or neck area. This is why, despite all the fillers, Botox, and various skin tightening devices out there we are seeing more and more people looking for the more complete rejuvination that is achieved with a well planned and executed facelift procedure.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Most resurfacing or skin tightening procedures are great after a mini facelift.

+2

Even tho mini facelifts ($6000) make a big improvement and is easy to undergo and can be done under local anesthesia, you always still need to have the skin resurfaced to give that over all refreshed look.  Whether it is by chem peels ($750-1500) or CO2 fraxels or titan or ultherapy etc... they all are usually helpful and needed.  The corners of the mouth always need filling in by radiesse ($630) or Juvederm/restylane($550) to fill in and elevate the corners. None of the skin tightening methods fill in the corners of the mouth. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon