Tissues from Buttocks to Raise Nose Bridge?

I recently remove my rhinoplasty implant as i hated how obvious it looks (obvious white line down my nose bridge). Previously, i also had grafting done as my nose tip is crooked. My plastic surgeon suggested drawing out tissues from under my buttocks , and pumping them up my nose to create a higher nose bridge for me, after my nose heals. Is this method "legit"? Will my nose look natural? I am describing to my best understanding what i was told about the procedures. Thank you for your comments!

Nasal Implants

If possible I prefer to use your own tissue for nasal augmentation, such as nasal septal cartilage or ear cartilage over synthetic materials.  This can be used to provide firm natural tissue support to your nose.  The nose usually requires firm support rather than softer tissues as might be obtained from the buttocks region.  It may be that your surgeon has a particular reason for suggesting using this region and if you are considering proceeding it would be valuable to discuss this with your surgeon in advance.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

33 Overlook Road
Summit, NJ 07901

Dorsal Augmentation

Thats an interesting proposition but soft fatty tissue in the bridge doesnt sound very good to me. Consider a custom carved silicone implant , put in the right way so it looks natural.

See links below.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Tissue from Buttocks to Augment Nasal Bridge

In 35 years of doing revision rhinoplasty surgery I've never heard of anybody recommending the buttock as a source of donor tissue to augment the nasal bridge. There are many sources of cartilage which is much more reliable when raising the bridge.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty, graft materials in rhinoplasty

The best sites to obtain cartilage are your septum (inside your nose), ribs and ears.  For dorsal augmentation (building the bridge) we often dice this harvested cartilage and wrap it in fascia from your scalp.  This is a much better option than anything from your buttocks.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212