Tissue Inflammation/Swelling After Smartlipo/Vaser

I received a combination of vaser/smartlipo on my upper & lower abdomen on 2/17/11. I had really bad swelling the moment the procedure was done. My surgeon did a CT scan and discovered that a lot of the tissue in my lower abdomen has been inflamed and it's freaking me out! I look way bigger (about 5 inches) than I was before surgery and I was wondering if this is going to affect the outcome of my procedure. Will the healing process just be longer?

Swelling after smart lipo and vaser

+1

Having a combination of two liposuction techniques that each provide additional trauma to the subcutaneous layer than conventional tumescent liposuction, could theoretically induce more inflammation than from either procedure alone.  Patients who have considerable swelling should see their surgeon frequently in followup examinations and both a seroma and infection should be ruled out.

+1

Bad combination using the Smart lipo + Vaser. Much longer healing and swelling as you now have. Poor choice in lipo techniques and surgeon. 

Smartlipo liposculpture and/or Vaser can cause tissue swelling if there is sufficient tissue damage during the procedure

+1

Smartlipo liposculpture and/or Vaser can cause tissue swelling if there is sufficient tissue damage during the procedure. In virtually all cases the swelling resolves spontaneously.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

VAser and smartlipo results

+1

Swelling can be persistent with Vase and Smartlipo for several months after surgery. I can not explain this reaction on a CT.