I Have Dead Tissue in my Left Breast After Reduction What Would You Recommend?

Following a breast reduction I lost my right nipple and more than half of the right breast due to necrosis. This was a 2nd reduction and the blood supply was compromised. As I heal I have come to terms with what has happened and my PS is going to do a reconstruction when I have healed. My problem is I also have a lot of hardness in my left breast which my Dr said was also dead tissue. He is happy to leave it there and let my body deal with it, or have a mastectomy, which I don't want.

Complications after Breast Reduction?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after the repeat breast reduction surgery.

Unfortunately, your situation seems too complex to address precisely enough in this format. Generally speaking, it  is often in patients' best interests to allow for areas of fat or tissue necrosis to gradually liquefy;  this prevents debridement/removal of potentially healthy tissue by your surgeon.