Can Tissue Expansion Remove my Foread Scar? (photo)

Im very fustrated with this scar i have on my 4head it is the result of a previous birthmark i had long before. i learned about tissue expansion, i was interested in a having a brow lift/and 4head reduction so since a expander would most likely be put in anyway i thought it would make since to combine both procedures. the expander can create new forhead skin and stretch my forhead thus movin the scar up,then removed when cutting the forhead skin to make the forhead smaller.thank you for reading

Forehead scar revision surgery

+1

Forehead scar revision demands precision and a scar excision with layered closure would provide a suitable first option for your forehead scar.  Indented scars can also be treated with subcision, scar excision, and laser resurfacing. 

Tissue expansion

+1

A tissue expander is over kill for this. You will be improved with a simple scar revision under local anesthesia in the office

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Forehead scar

+1

A tissue expander for what appears to be a small scar is "a long jump for a short pier."  A scar revision may be  an option but any incision will leave a permanent scar.