Tissue Disorder Causes Earrings To Rip Out, Do I Have Any Hope To FIx This?

I have a tissue disorder which has caused earrings to rip out. I love jewelry and want to be able to wear pierced earrings again. I do have clip ons but they hurt after a few hours and hard to find then. Any idea if there is anything to help me?

Tissue disorder that causes ear lobes to rip

+1

Unfortunately if you have a tissue disorder that is causing weakness of your skin, there is nothing that can be surgically done to prevent this from rehappening. You should wear clip on earrings.

Tissue disorder causing the ear to rip out

+1

Thank you for the question. I would be helpfull if you could give more information on the tissue disorder that is causing the problem. This would allow us to give a better and more definitive answer. In general, earlobe repair is an office procedure performed under local anesthesia. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Poorly healing ear lobes

+1

are a rarity as has been mentioned by my colleagues.  If you truly have some tissue disorder that prevents healing, you relaly need to consider clip on earrings.  If you don't but your have problems with recurrent stretching and tearing, you have to go to lighter style earrings.  Regardless, the procedure to repair torn earlobes is relatively simple and done in the office under local anesthesia. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Repair of Torn Earlobes and “Tissue Disorder”?

+1

Generally, earlobe repair is a simple,  long-lasting operation that can be performed under local anesthesia. Prior to performing this procedure for you, I would want to have additional information about the “tissue disorder”.  This information would be important to determine your suitability for the operation and whether any precautions can be taken to maximize chances of success.

Avoid excessively heavy earrings in the future

+1

You would have to be a little more specific about your tissue disorder for me to give an accurate answer.   Torn ear lobes are not uncommon and usually it it the left side that is the problem.   There are several methods available to repair the earlobe some include a notch and groove type repair and others some form of Z  plasty.  All of these methods help to supper the ear  piercing site.  You would, of course want to avoid excessively heavy ear rings in the future.  

Torn ear lobe

+1

Torn ear lobe can be repaired under local anesthesia very easily.then the ear lobe can be pierced once all the healing occures.

There are very few collagen diseases that interfer with wound healing. There are thin ear lobes that are easy to be torn with heavy ear rings.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can explore your special condition and  give you  an advise

Torn Earlobes

+1

While it depends on you underlying tissue disorder, there are many things that can be done to help torn earlobes as well as to try to prevent this from recurring.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate you and assist you in achieving the goals you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD