What Can I Do About my Tired Looking Eyes? Long-lasting Solution

I am an 22 year old female. Looking at my pictures i can see a tired person. I want to get more details why i have a tired appearance. I wonder what i can do about it. I heard about botox injections but they only last for a few months. I'm looking for a solution that lasts for years or longer.

Brow ptosis

+2

It seems like your brow position is low set  (left worse than right) and resulting in your tired appearance.   I do agree that heavy-set brows tend to run in families and they do worsen with age.  It's difficult to tell but I don't expect you to have too much redundant eyelid skin at age 22 but a proper examination will be necessary to rule that out.  Given the heavy-set nature of your brows, I'm not sure if a chemical brow lift (ie Botox brow lift) would suffice; you may ultimately benefit from an endoscopic brow lift.  What I find in these instances helpful are old photographs; try to find old photographs of you to compare what your brow looked like years back and how they may have evolved to how they look now.  This can often help the surgeon and you get an idea of the expected goal of the surgery.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of tired eyes

+2

Based on your photos, your brow position appears to be a big low.  This is creating a heavy look to your upper eyelid.  Since you are only 22, it's unlikely that you actually have excessive upper eyelid skin, but this is difficult to determine from just a photo.

Botox injections can reshape and improve your brow position-however this may only last four months.

Brow lift and/or upper blepharoplasty surgery may give a more long lasting result.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Eyelid surgery, #blepharoplasty, #tiredeyes, #fatgrafting

+2

Dear Nudzzz in Netherlands

Thank you for your question.  There are several options for making the eyes apear less tired- as the appearance can be from the upper or lower eyelids or both. Changing the eyebrow position can help- but may give a 'stylized' appearance....Botox can achieve this and will give you an idea of how a brow lift can look.  Lower eyelid hollows also make the eyes tired appearing - and this can be treated with filling- either with fat or Restylane.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Heavy brows may néed a Brow Lift

+2
You are still at a very young age to be having surgery however sometimes genetics plays a larger role then age itself. An endoscopic forehead lift or brow lift would probably be the best long term approach for improvement. While searching for a skilled surgeon you may try and find one who has a digital imaging computer to show you your proposed results. I understand your concerns and no one likes to "look tired" at any age but please take your time with your consulting phase and really find a skilled surgeon, review before and afters and make sure you are both on the exact same page! Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Heavy brows can be treated with a browlift or Botox

+2

Your brows seem mildly heavy. You have two good options - nonsurgical treatment with Botox for a "chemical browlift" effect, or a surgical browlift.

You will do well to consult an experienced facial plastic surgeon to discuss which is right in your case- age, by itself, is unimportant here.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tired eyes.

+2

A forehead lift may be needed as  a long term solution, but you need to see an experienced plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Eyebrows

+2

It looks like yoru eyebrows are a bit low in the photo, although that could be positional based upon the angle of the picture.  You should seek out a consult first to be evaluated.

+2

Hi nudzzz.

The picture shows that you have significant heaviness over your eyelids.  This is most likely due to your eyebrows drooping.  Seek a surgeon that has experience in eyebrow and eyelid surgery.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tired eyes, a longer solution

+2

Your brow does look slightly heavy though you are only 22. Overall, your lids are youthful and Botox to relax the side of the brow is a very safe and good option. Dysport may last longer if you object to a treatment every four months. Lid surgery may be more 'permanent' though not give a natural and youthful look for most.

peterejohnsonmd

+2

Your upper eyelids are heavy because you have low set eyebrows.  This contributes to the look of being tired, as you state.  I suggest that you consult with a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and ask about browlift- this can permanently raise your eyebrows and give you a more open awake look.  Computer imaging can show you what you would look like. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon