I Always Look Tired, Should I Try a Dermal Filler? (photo)

I'm 32y/o. Within the last few years I've noticed ( ) wrinkles around my mouth. And in the past year, I lost some weight and I think it cause my eyes to appear hollow. I always look tired. It's very prominent in pictures. I went for one consultation, they recommended a dermal filler near my eyes / high cheeks. They said it will also lift the () wrinkles near my mouth. Do you agree? If so, what's the recommended filler to do this?

You're an attractive lady...but unfortunately these pictures are not too helpful...

+2

when you smile it pushes the cheeks up and distorts the resting characteristics of your face...but overall the eye area certainly may be improved with a filler...very frequent these days...and injections into the upper cheek clearly can restore some roundness and youthful appearance...even can help creases on the side of your mouth as it lifts the skin...so it's probably a good bet that you can improve with a filler...maybe restylane under the eyes and either juvederm or perlane in the cheeks perhaps with a touch in the creases alongside your mouth leading to your nose...will make you look even more attractive...

Soft tissue augmentation could be part of an overall plan to maintain your youthful appearance.

+2

It would be best to evaluate your face in good lighting during a proper consultation to decide how to maintain the natural beauty that you have and enhance your appearance in some areas such as augmenting with filler in the tear troughs.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I Always Look Tired, Should I Try a Dermal Filler?

+2

When evaluating the cheek shape, it's best not to smile.  This reveals the true shape, of the cheeks and lower eyes.  I suspect that the cheeks are a bit flat which would make the face appear relatively elongated and tired.  Perlane can be injected to shape the cheeks, which are the most important aesthetic feature when creating a naturally, attractive face.  

Fillers for tired eyes

+2

Restylane or Belotero are great hyaluronic acid fillers that help rejuvenate tired eyes. Adding volume in your tear trough and in your upper cheek will help soften the transition between your lower eyelid and your upper cheek. A hydrating eye cream will help undereye circles as well. Using Restylane in the upper cheek may help lift your lower cheeks, but the effect on your lower cheek will not be dramatic. Only a small amount should be used.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Will dermal fillers help me to look less tired?

+2

Yes, it is my opinion that dermal fillers can make patients look less tired, particularly when used in the upper cheek/ malar area to raise the cheek/eyelid junction. This decreases the appearance of the circle or hollow beneath the eyes. I prefer Radiesse for this area because, in my opinion, it gives the best result for volume replacement and usually provides about a year result. It should only be injected by an experienced plastic surgeon who frequently injects in this area. Injections to replace volume, unlike to decrease a given wrinkle, are placed deeper for a smoother result; another reason why I prefer Radiesse for this job. For finer lines around the mouth, you can use Radiesse(if not within the lips) or one of the HA's such as Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero.

Janet Woodyard, MD

+2

Could correct but would b=need from 4 to 6 cc;s of fillers. Cost from $2,000 to $6,000 depending upon the type of filler used. 

Facial rejuvenation with fillers

+2

Soft tissue fillers can be a good alternative for facial rejuventation especially in a younger patient.  The filler can be injected into the medial tear trough as well as the upper portion of the cheek to help to blend the transition zone between the lower eyelid and the thicker skin of the upper cheek.  

Fillers to look less tired

+1

It is hard to tell as your photos are dark, so an in-office consultation would be best. Certainly a little Botox and/or filler around the mouth can help with smoker's lines and to prevent lipstick bleeding. As well, fillers in the tear trough area and high in the cheek bones can help lift up the skin and make you look less tired. Speak with an expert injector, someone like a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for optimal results and safety. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, fillers, and improvement

+1

Based on your photo's, you are likely a great candidate for a dermal filler and Botox. It might be easier to make a better assessment with photo's of your face at rest, however, consulting with a reputable and well trained provider should help you determine what will improve your specific areas of concern.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fillers can improve the "tired look"

+1

I do think that Restylane or Belotero would improve the "tired look" under your eyes. However, I do not understand how that would do anything for the lower face. Ask the doctor to explain that again as I think that maybe they were suggesting injecting elsewhere

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist