Persistent Acne and Hyperpigmentation: How Can I Permanently Resolve it?

I have been on all oral medication that you can think of and topicals like Differin etc. The second I stop and ween of off it the acne comes back worse than before. My acne is only in the hormonal area of lower face. It has affected me so much, that I don't even want to leave the house anymore. And if I do, I wear so much make up that it looks even worse! Please help. I am at my wits end at this point. I was thinking of trying PDT with ALA Blu but it's so expensive, thoughts?

Acne, hormones scars

+1

As you correctly stated, acne in the lower half of the face in women is often related to hormonal factors. When the usual retinoids, antibiotics and other topicals do not work we often consider targeting the source-hormones. You might ask about being treated with oral contraceptives and/or spironolactone.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.