Will Restylane Injections Help with the Tired Look?

Hi, I am 38 years old and have under my eyes and a rather visible nasiolabial fold. I was told at a clinic this could best be treated with 2ml restylance subq, as both features are the result of volume loss. Filling the eye area would not be enough to start with, but perhaps be needed after the injection of the subq filler. I would like to ask you if this sounds plausible. Thanks in advance.

Fillers for rejuvenation

+1

Fillers to the nasolabial folds or the lower eyelid cheek junction can often soften the appearance and make them look more youthful.

Refreshing the Appearance of the Face Non-Surgically

+1

These days we hear so much about rejuvenating the face that we tend to lose sight of the fact that many people are interested in looking more refreshed and less tired and less stressed rather than looking younger. Dark circles and hollows under the eyes can contribute greatly to the appearance of being exhausted, depressed and overly stressed, even in relatively young people in their thirties.

Fortunately,  these days many of the techniques that are used to restore volume and contour to the face and to rejuvenate its appearance can be employed with some modification to refresh the overall appearance. And since the eyes play such a significant and dominant role in our overall appearance, anything that can be done to improve the eye region can help to refresh our look. 

Hollows under the eyes can be filled and softened with filler materials. I prefer the use of Juvederm Ultra XC for this purpose. In this region, I would avoid the use of Restylane SQ (which incidentally is not approved by the FDA) since the particle sizes of the this material make it quite viscous and most suitable for heavy duty volume replacement in areas such as the cheeks, chin and jawline. 

If some darkness still remains below the eyes after injectable treatment of the hollows, this may be treated with topical agents for home use along with a series of in-office glycolic acid to further lighten the color and smooth region. For additional benefit, topical retinoids and antioxidants may be used at home to add luster and shine to the skin, which further diminishes the appearance of a tired, sallow looking complexion. The desired result of all this, a comment, such as Wow, you must have had some vacation!"

Web reference: http://www.youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Yes, it should help with this if done by a good injector

+1

By good injector, I mean a dermatologist or surgeon who actually does their own injections.  While there are many practices who farm it out to a nurse or PA or are run by an emergency doc, it is best to go with a dermatologist or surgeon (plastic/ENT/etc) who actually does their own injections.  This is tricky to get to work right, so don't blow it by going to a person who is poorly trained.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Under eye hollows and smile folds corrected by filllers

+1

Restylane subQ is more viscous than Restylane and might create an overcorrected appearance even if it is injected below the plane of the muscle. It is a good filler for the smile creases. I would prefer Restylane or Juvederm for the under eye hollows.

Filler for Nasolabial Fold

+1

I like perlane or radiesse for prominent nasolabial folds.  The radiesse goes a long way and stays around longer.

Restylane is a better option for the tear trough and the lips.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-facial-fillers-newport-beach.php