Tips to Slowing Drain Output After Tummy Tuck?

Where is all this fluid coming from?! My right drain is still pumping out 80cc of dark red fluid a day. So sad. I know that drains are my friend and I'd rather the liquid in the grenade vs. my belly but I am 10 days PO and getting a tad frustrated! meh.

High Output from Drains after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

The quantity and “quality” of the drain output that you are experiencing seems somewhat atypical;  at this point, I would expect the output to be decreasing significantly and for the color of the fluid to be changing to a yellow tinged (serum) color.

I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon to rule out a complication.  He/she will be in a better position to advise you precisely.

Once  a complication has been ruled out, I would agree with you that leaving the drains in place until the output is much decreased will be in your best interest.

Best wishes for the remainder of your recovery.