Tips for a Bulbous Tip and a Crooked Nose? (photo)

I am unhappy with the way my nose appears in photos, especially from the frontal view. I feel that the crooked aspect of my nose affects the look of my smile. It's almost as if it appears larger when I'm smiling. It also seems to turn down a little. I want this fixed, but do not want my nose to appear up-turned. Is this possible? I have found angles that improve my nose and smile in pictures, but really long for a rhinoplasty. What techniques would improve my nose and the symmetry of my face?

Improve nose/symmetry of face

+1

I think you would be a great candidate for an open rhinoplasty with tip modification and nostril re-aligning. The nose after this does NOT need to be upturned and that can be easily avoided.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Refinement rhinoplasty

+1

Performing small changes and refining the nsoe is something that we can do durign rhinoplasty. Changes do not have to be dramatic but patience is required to see the final results.

Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

The bulbous tip in your case is a result of over-developed lower lateral cartilages. Reconstructing these cartilages would eliminate the bulbous tip and  give you more projection which would also eliminate the downward pull.

See link below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

There are many options for reshaping your nose

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  There are many options available to improve the shape and appearance of your nose.  Among all of the plastic surgery procedures, nose shaping (rhinoplasty) is most dependent on the accuracy of the communication between surgeon and patient.  Some plastic surgeons prefer open and others prefer closed approach to rhinoplasty.  I would not bother with the difference between the two as much as selecting a plastic surgeon that is well qualified, that can show you good before and after photos, and that you have developed a level of trust with.  From my standpoint I would proceed with open rhinoplasty and address your issues as listed in your question.  You will likely benefit from a cartilage graft to your columella to support the tip of the nose and all of the associated changes.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bulbous tip

+1

There are many parts to your rhinoplasty which have been listed in the other answers. You need an open rhinoplasty to refine your tip, correct your dorsum and then have the base of your nose narrowed.  Seek out a board certified surgeon.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Nasal Tip and Crooked Nose

+1

What you want is a natural result which can be achieved with a rhinoplasty by an experienced surgeon. I agree with your evaluation  and criticism of your nose. In patients with a wide nasal base like you the nose can look bigger when smiling; this can be improved by narrowing the tip and base.

Bulbous tip and crooked nose repair

+1

There are a number of techniques that can be used to address the bulbosity of your tip. It should also be possible to make your nose straighter overall as well.

Your tip doesn't have to become more upturned with surgery. Make sure you make this clear to your surgeon. You also may want to discuss whether you want your bridge straighter on profile view by smoothing down your bump there. You don't have to change that area if you don't want to though.

Check out my web reference link below to learn more.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bulbous Tip and Crooked Nose

+1

I would recommend tip reduction and elevation, dorsal hump reduction and/or grafting (to account for the unevenness), caudal septal resection ( to account for the hanging nature of the columella), and nasal depressor septi release (to improve tip droop during smile) through a closed approach  (no visible scars).