Do tips drop after cast removal in both reduction and augmentation rhinoplasties?

I've just had my cast off. I had a rib graft rhinoplasty. There was not enough septum for the lengthening I required and my nose was lengthened by 5mm. I had a short nose. I've read about tips dropping after cast removal. Does this happen in both reduction and augmentation or just one? Also, I thought septum would be used on my bridge to make it straight but it doesn't look like it has been as my nose is still curved. There might be septum in my bridge, so could this be due to tip swelling?

+1
Following a rhinoplasty, the nose can take a year or more to reach its final shape.

Rhinoplasty with rib grafts

+1
Rib grafts for rhinoplasty are very complex procedures and the nuances differ from one patient to another.  This is about as personalized and individualized as rhinoplasty gets.  It's not a good idea to ask the question you're asking from anyone other than the surgeon who performed your work.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon