Tips for Buying a TCA Peel Online

i'm thinking about buying online TCA peel for my face, is it worth it? i can't afford going to a plastic surgeon.. if so what TCA % should i get?

Don't buy any TCA peels online

+2

TCA Peels at your doc's office run: Light TCA peels $150-350 each; Medium peels $500-1500 each. Heavy peels aren't done anymore usually. It is better to do 2 medium peels than to do 1 heavy peel anyway to decrease the risks. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying TCA Peel

+1

I would not recommend doing your own TCA peel.

TCA depth of penetration depends on the concentration, the PH, and how many layers you apply.

You have to be familiar with the end point for any depth you desire or need. Only experienced Physicians can do that.You can burn yourself and end with a scar that you will have to live with for the rest of your life

TCA Peel online is the formula for disaster

+1

Just because something is available on line does not make it safe or legal. Only licensed and highly trained physicians should be performing these types of peels. While your doctor does not need to be a "board certified dermatologist" they do need to be highly expereinced in performing these types of peels. This is an extremely poor way to save a few dollars. Do yourself a favor, take a smart pill and find a highly qualified cosmetic surgeon in your area to perform a safe chemical peel that will help you and not destroy you.

My tip: DON'T

+1

I have seen horrible scarring from people trying online TCA peels. This is a medical procedure that should only be performed by an experienced, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I have even been interviewed recently by ABC 20/20 for exactly this problem. Please be smart and do not do this!

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

TCA Peel online

+1

I do not recommend that you buy TCA online. This should only be performed by a board certified dermatologist or board certified plastic surgeon in an office setting, not at home. Online TCA would be dangerous.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon