Will Tipplasty And Canthopexy Be Good For Me?

Hi Doctors :D I want to get a canthopexy to make my eyes look more almond feline shape look less round. I like the raised eye look, my eyes are too big and round. Would this procedure make my eyes look less round and more almond ? I want a tipplasty for a thinner nose tip very subtle difference, I have attached a photo of a model who had a successful tipplasty and the results I want. I want my nose to look slimmer but subtle, do you think a tipplasty will be enough?

Canthopexy for eye shape alteration

+3

Why would you want a canthopexy?  You have beautiful eyes.

A canthopexy is likely to alter your eye shape, and that is the problem.  Once altered, you may never go back.  We perform canthopexies and canthoplasties frequently, but it is to restore eye shape after the patient has had prior lower eyelid surgery, and is usually combined with a short incision cheeklift.  In some cases, the natural eye shape is downgoing at the corners, and this is grounds for a shape alteration.

Every surgery should be balanced as to the risks and benefits.

This is not some outfit you try on; this is your face.

Please be cautious.

I can virtually guarantee that canthoplasty will wreck you!

+3

Dear London

I will allow my facial plastic surgery colleagues to weight in on the nasal tip surgery.  I will limit my comments to the question of a canthoplasty.  Surgeons have been promoting canthoplasty as a cosmetic eyelid procedure.  It is not a cosmetic eyelid procedure.  It is a reconstructive procedure.  There are circumstances where it is absolutely necessary for a given reconstructive situation.  However, it is a flat out failure as a primary cosmetic procedure.  Yes, theoretically it is possible to change the position of the lateral canthal angle.  However, you current almond shape is so good it is unlikely that it can be make better with a canthoplasty.  If you are not made better by a surgery, the other possibilities are that you will be the same or you will be made worse by such a procedure.  Please let me help you understand that it is much, much more likely that such a surgery will actually make you look worse.  If you persist in this course, rest assured, you are welcome to see me afterward and I will see what surgical options are available to reconstruct the damage that will be done.

Tip plasty african american

+2

A tip plasty with narrowing of the nasal bones will give you some nice improvement. Don't touch your eyes. They are beautiful, not rounded at all and likely will be ruined with canthopexy surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

BAD IDEA

+2

In case you are still considering altering the shape of your eyes and the multiple responses so far have not deterred you:  A CANTHOPEXY IS AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IDEA FOR YOU!!!!

Enjoy your natural, beautifully shaped eyelids.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tip plasty for the bulbous tip.

+2

Tip plasty along with narrowing your nasal bones is what would refine your nnose. You don't need anything done to your eyes---they are beautiful the way they are.

Cantopexy and tip plasty

+2

You do not need a canthoopexy/canthoplasty. As for your tip you certainly can get improvement with tip suturing and possible grafting.  Remember your thick skin will mask some of the refinement.

Rhinoplasty Ok but no canthopexy is required

+1

No, on the canthopexy as your eyes are a beautiful almond shape already.  Yes, the nose could be thinned along its entire length including the tip with a Rhinoplasty.

Better photos will help

+1

Hi London,  I would first recommend seeing a plastic surgeon or occuloplastic surgeon to discuss your questions. Looking at your photos the shape of your eyes looks quite attractive but maybe not quite as angled or severe as some of the models you showed.  I agree with much of what has already been said in the other answers, with one caveat.  Your photos are taken with significant eye make up on.  Eyelid surgery with canthopexy can be done safely and can sharpen the appearance of ones eyes.  Whether or not it is indicated for you in particular is tough to tell with your make up on.  You might consider posting photos without the make  up or seeing a reputable surgeon in your area without the make up on.

As far as your nose is concerned, you appear to be a great candidate for an ethnic rhinoplasty that can gently narrow and reduce the size of your nose overall and definition to your tip.  That will mean tip work and perhaps narrowing in the upper part of your nose as well.  Digital imaging in an incredibly helpful tool when it comes to changing the shape of your nose and making sure it is still in balance with the rest of your face and still looking natural and appropriate.  The morphing done on the computer will help your surgeon come up with a plan and help you confirm the changes you are considering in your appearance.  Good luck.  

Farzad R. Nahai, MD