Besides Tip Work, Do You Think I Need my Bridge Lowered/narrowed to Get my Ideal Nose?

Besides tip work, do you think I need my bridge lowered/narrowed to get my ideal nose? My eyes are a bit too close together and I've heard that lowering/narrowing the bridge can make them seem further apart. I would prefer to just drastically narrow the tip of my nose, because I've heard this is cheaper than also modifying the bridge, but I want the absolute perfect nose for my face. If you were my doctor, what would you recommend?

Tip rhinoplasty may require narrowing of nasal bones for nasal harmony

+1

Thank you for your question. A tip rhinoplasty can be done alone. However from your description you want a fairly narrow tip, and if the tip is narrowed significantly it may be out of balance with the upper nasal bones. If this is the case then narrowing of the upper nasal bones may need to be done. I do not think it will make your eyes appear wider heart.

Rhinoplasty, Revision Rhinoplasty, World's Best Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Los Angeles Rhinoplasty

+1
I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and there is no such thing as a perfect nose. The topic, of my new book looks at the issue of the aesthetics of beauty...including the nose, "What's Your Number...the Palmer code." You may want to read the book that describes the aesthetics of the ideal beauty features of the face and body, including the nose. A perfect nose is not required, nor does it make the face beautiful...the nose is required to appear sleek and unobserved so the top three beauty features, of the face, shine through. Your nose on frontal view has a relatively wide nasal tip that could be refined. A side or profile view is required for analysis of the nasal bridge and rotation angle of the nose. In all my years as a practicing Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, the worst result done elsewhere were in patients who went looking for the best price for their Rhinoplasty, Face Lift etc. You won't get the best Rhinoplasty Surgeons at bargain prices, for free consultations or offering special deals. You will instead most likely get exactly what you're not looking for: less experience and less quality.

Limiting Rhinoplasty Work

+1

If I was your surgeon, I would first  recommend you submit a picture of your profile. It does appear bridge work would be beneficial. You talk about saving money and then say you want the "absolute perfect nose".  Don't do less surgery to save money; do what is necessary to achive the best possible result. If you want a "perfect" result, don't do the surgery - there is no such thing. Your nose can be significantly improved.

Rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty questions

+1

One frontal view is not adequate to make a jugement.  Also one of the biggest factors in how a rhinoplasty will trun out is the quality of your skin.  Do you have thick or thin, oliy or dry etc...Also I take photos and then I discuss what I can do for you.  If this makes sense then I just use the computer to give you an idea of how this will look.  That is when you can decide based on the consult and what I have been able to show you.  Also you can speak to any of my rhinoplasty pateints.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Bridge lowered/narrowed to get my ideal nose?

+1

Question: Besides tip work, do you think I need my bridge lowered/narrowed to get my ideal nose?

Answer: If I were your doctor, I would most likely not want to operate on your nose. This is because of the way you phrased your statements and questions. The bridge of your nose has nothing to do with the distance of your eyes to each other. The term “prefer to drastically narrow the tip of my nose” is completely inappropriate. Also, “cheaper” should never be a determinant of the type of cosmetic procedure perform on a nose. Lastly, there is no such thing as an “absolute perfect nose.” Anyone who insists on absolute perfection will never be happy with the results of any procedure and, accordingly, would not become a patient in my practice. Sorry to be blunt with my response but I speak the truth! My comments are made with your best interests in mind.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recomendation

+1

It is difficult to determine what exactly needs to be done base only on a frontal view picture.  I would lose the thought about altering the bridge of your nose to give the perception that improves the appearance of your eyes.  Secondly,  do not let cost factor in heavily when you are determining making sure you get what you want and what is needed.  Rhinoplasty can be "dumbed down" by any surgery but it is actually a very sophisticated operation when performed correctly.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

"Needed" Nose Surgery

+1
In truth no one "needs" cosmetic nose surgery, it is a discretionary procedure done to improve appearance. Furthermore, rather than polling others what to do it would be easier for you to present your surgeon with frontal and side views of noses you like and do not like. That combined with an examination of your nose would tell your surgeon would needs to be done to the whole nose including the dorsum. Without a photo of the side of the nose it would be a guess to comment on the proper handling of your Dr Peter A Aldea

Tip and bridge changes with rhinoplasty

+1

The first question is: "What is your ideal nose?" Your plastic surgeon can help you decide which parts of your nose need to be operated on once you have discussed your concerns and wishes. It would only be reasonable to advise you after a full examination and comprehensive discussion of your expected outcome.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Bridge and tip work are often performed together in rhinoplasty

+1

Without a full set of pictures it is difficult to determine your specific issue with the bridge of the nose.  However, most patients getting tip work done will also need bridge work to keep the nose in harmony.  Post more pictures for a more specific opinion.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty tip and bridge work

+1

It is difficult for me to say what exactly you would need without seeing more photos and performing an exam.  We do our best and strive for perfection but unfortunately I do not know a single plastic surgeon that has ever achieved perfection.