Should I Tip the Doctor?

I bought a deal for laser pixel skin resurfacing treatment and I am wondering if I should tip the doctor whom will be performing the treatment on me. I think the venue is owned and operated by the doctor. He's offering the treatment at a discounted price on the deal site I purchased from. Should I consider it as a treatment I would get a spa and tip accordingly? Or should I consider it as a visit to the doctors office?

Doctor's service and tipping

You should not tip the doctor. It is against our code of ethics to accept them. If you are happy with the service and results, I am sure your doctor would appreciate a nice online review. I love your question and hope you love your results. Lana Long MD

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

One West 4th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Tipping the doctor

If the doctor does your procedure you absolutely should not tip the doctor. The doctor hopes that you will be happy with the service and come back to the office again. Becoming a new patient would be the best way to say thank you. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

521 Montgomery Hwy
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216-1876

Tipping the doctor

Ultimately, the decision is yours, but I would say you do not need to tip the doctor.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Tipping the doctor

Although in our North American society we often tip service providers, it would not be appropriate to tip the doctor for ethical reasons. It is nice of you to ask, and indeed many doctors feel under appreciated, so if you were to thank them with a card or a positive posting online, that would be greatly appreciated.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

4256 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5Y8

Tipping a Physician

Thank you for your question. Normal etiquette is to not tip the physician.  Tip the staff who works for him/her instead.  The physician would be happy to know that the staff took good care of you.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Do not tip your doctor as you would tip a hair stylist or aesthetician

Doctors provide treatment, medically, even if it is a cosmetic concern and do not receive tips ethically.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016