Tip Swelling After Surgery, What Can I Do? (photo)

hi , these are pictures of my nose after the surgery . i feel like it`s still big specailly the tip its so rounded . what should i do?

Large tip or nose

+1

One's ethnicity must be considered in any rhinoplasty.  To me your entire nose is a little large - not just the tip.  It would be helpful to see before pictures!  However,my ideal, or any other surgeon's ideal, is not always appropriate to the patient.

Whether or not you had a tip rhinoplasty if that is all you want addressed I believe you could have that redone with success.   Even if you did not have tip work I would wait until at least 18 months from the original surgery for further surgery.  

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Swelling After Surgery, What Can I Do?

+1

That's uncertain as I don't know when you had your Rhinoplasty and what was done during that surgery.  You should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and if for some reason you don't want to go back, have a few consultations with Experienced Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeons.

Polybeak Deformity After Rhinoplasty

+1

The key question is how long after surgery are you? Your nose appears that it  has a pollybeak deformity which is why it appears so rounded. If you are more than six months after surgery, you will need to consider revisional surgery to correct this well known post-rhinoplasty tip deformity.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

If you are after 9 months as one of your posted photos states than consider a revision of the tip. Seek in person opinions. 

Swelling in tip after Rhinoplasty

+1
I am not sure how long ago your surgery was so I am unaware of where you are in the healing stages. In post rhinoplasty the tip is the last place the swelling dissipates and it takes up to a full year for all of the swelling to go down. If you are recently post op then just give it some more time to heal. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD