Tip Swelling 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty Normal? (photo)

Hello, I had open rhinoplasty 14 month ago. The bones were broken. Although I am quite pleased with my profile, I find the the tip of my nose is disproportionate with the top...My doctor says that the tip is still swollen and should go down in a few months...All of the research I've done says that the swelling should be down by now...I am getting quite worried... Was my doctor right? In your opinion, will it go down in a few months? Thank you

Swollen nasal tip one year after rhinoplasty surgery

+1

In general, there can be residual swelling that lasts up to one year following surgery.  A number of factors depend on this.  With an open rhinoplasty as you described, the swelling will tend to linger for a longer period of time.  If tip work is performed with the open rhinoplasty, this will especially be true.  If a patient has thick skin, their swelling will last longer as well.  At this stage, any residual swelling will go down slowly, and your surgeon will have the best advice for you regarding your healing time and when you should expect to see the final result.  Thank you and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Swelling 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Although swelling can be present longer than one year in patients with thick skin, I don't think your tip will change significantly in the future. A second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist might help clarify your present situation and what to expect in the future.

Is tip swollen after 1 year??

+1

I doubt that you have more than 1-2 percent swelling left and you probably won't be happy if you wait another 6 months.  Get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist to resolve the matter for you.