Tip Swelling or Bad Nose Job? (photo)

I had my rhinoplasty 5 months ago. The bump was removed successfully and it looks good . The tip needed to be lifted and refined. However the tip is either swollen or didi not get any work done ? It looks awful now. Is this a bad nose JOb or should I wait more for the finalr esults

Rhinoplasty Recovery Takes Time

+2

Dear Lucas,

This is a common question asked after Rhinoplasty and it is just to soon to tell your final result. In male patients especially and depending on ethnicity the skin is thicker and it does take more time to resolve. The majority of your swelling approximately 70% dissipates during the first three months and the final 30% over the next seven months taking an entire year for your final results. The tip swelling is the last to resolve so be patient. Your surgeon is the best person to discuss your concerns he/she knows what was done during your procedure and where you are in the recovery phase. See your surgeon often for follow up appointments and hopefully this will help set your mind at ease. Best regards and quick healing to you!

Swelling Persists At 5 Months After Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Lucas,

Based on the photos and your description, it seems that you have a thick nasal skin.

Therefore, you should anticipate that your swelling takes a little longer than the average Rhinoplasty patient to resolve.

Usually, the end-results of a rhinoplasty are established at about 12 months post-op.

WIth that perspective, I recommend that you be a little more patient especially that you are half way down the race.

Meanwhile, please do keep up with your surgeon's instructions and make sure that you do protect your nose from accidental nasal traumas.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS