Round Tip Swelling After Septorhinoplasty

Hi. I had a septorhinoplasty 18 months ago. There has always been slight asymmetry of the tip since the procedure, with a rounded swelling on one side. Over the last week the round swelling has become more prominent, and there are more irregularities when I rub over the tip. Is it possible for me to have caused some damage to cause this? Thanks.

Post rhinoplasty

+1

It may take up to 18 months for swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty.  Things may show up that was not noticed prior to this time as the swelling goes down.  You probably did nothing to produce this.  Discuss with your surgeon your concerns.  Donald R Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+1

After plastic surgery as with any other surgery there is visible swelling afterward. This takes on more significance in plastic surgery because the goal is a specific visual appearance. As the swelling resolves asymmetries and undesireable surface contours may appear. This is especially so for rhinoplasty and liposuction. With liposuction you can sometimes see an initially good result but as the swelling resolves and damaged fat cells absorb uneven surface contours or indents appear. This can take as long as 3 months after the liposuction.

Never having seen you or a photo of you and not knowing exactly what surgery was performed it is impossible to say if this is sugical residual becoming more visible as the swelling resolves.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.