Can Tip Surgery Be Reversed?

i really am starting to hate my tip.to the point that I am so depressed.its not pinhced but more narrow than i wanted.i miss some of the wideness of my nose.if i was to wait for a year is it possible to get back with the help of a really good revision surgon the look of my old nose.

Revision for narrow tip

+1

Restoring more natural volume, width, and shape to the tip is possible with revision rhinoplasty and typically requires cartilage grafting from the ear or other areas.

Revision tip surgery to widen overly narrowed nose

+1

It is possible to widen a pinched and narrow tip. This can be achieved through multiple different operative procedures, such as spreader grafts and alar batten grafts, provided that you do not have a cartilage depleted nose. Look for as surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty procedures.  

Revision rhinoplasty to correct tip

+1

Dear revision rhinoplasty patient from London,
For people like you who are unhappy with the results of their nose surgery, my advice is waiting at least one year before considering a revision procedure. This allows ample time for nasal swelling to subside and for scar tissue to soften so the surgeon can correct the problem. A surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty certainly can help you with your concerns. Good luck and good healing

Kevin Sadati, DO

Reversing Tip Surgery

+1

The width of the nasal tip can be increased with revision, but it is very unlikely you can get back your old nose.  Why strive to replace the nose you did not like? Wait the year as you suggested, and then consult with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Can Tip Surgery Be Reversed?

+1

Yes, but the more surgeries you have had, the more difficult it is to make any productive changes. There are techniques to improve a overly-narrowed nose, and some may be able to accomplish this without any external incisions. It is a good idea to wait for at least 1-2 years to make sure the appearance is relatively stable.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Reversing the changes accomplished by the rhinopllasty may be difficult but achieving a rounder nose may be a reasonable expectation with cartilage grafting and open tip rhinoplasty.

Reversing overly narrowed nasal tip

+1

Yes, there are methods to correct an overly widened nose. I would certainly recommend waiting at least a year, like you mentioned, to allow the nose to heal more. The nasal tip skin will continue to shrink wrap and lose swelling as it continues healing.

I recommend consulting with an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist to review your options and to see what are realistic expectations. Having photos of your nose from before surgery would also be very helpful.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip Revision

+1

A skilled revision rhinoplasty surgeon can correct problems of "not enough" as well "too much" surgery by the primary surgeon. You should give it the full year to completely settle down, and at that point seek out a specialist if the issue persists. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip work reversible?

+1

Some tip work may be reversible, but if parts of the alar cartilage were excised, then those are difficult to replace without using cartilage grafts.

Tip rhinoplasty reversal

+1

Mazza 123, before any revision surgery is performed you really need to wait for all or most of the swelling to resolve. This will give you a more objective assessment on what your really looks like without the swelling which may still be camouflaging  the "final" result of your initial surgery.

A skilled rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to give some "fullness" to the tip, but will be very hard, if not impossible to give you your old nose back.

I hope this helps

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon