Why is the Tip Slighty Pointy but Above It is Still Round After Tip Rhinoplasty?

I know that it is still early, it has only been 7 days, but I am worried because I can see that the tip itself is more pointed yet the other part of the tip (behind the front of my nose) is still round and bulbous. Is this a sign of things to come? I wish I could show a before picture but I have never actually taken one from the front because of how it looked. I know I am probably stressing too much and should just wait and see what happens, some reassurance would be nice. Thank you.

7 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

All noses are swollen one week after rhinoplasty. It is much too early to answer your question; wait at least another 6 months before evaluating your nose.

Rhinoplasty Postop

+1

It is so early to comment, especially without any before and after photos.  You just have to be patient and see how things look at about 6 months to 1 year time.  Things change a lot and swelling will come and go.

Just be patient.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

One week post op after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon to worry about your nose. It takes 6-12 months to know and it is impossible to make any determination before then. Be patient and I'm sure it will be better in a few weeks.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Without knowing the details of your specific procedure, I am not able to give you any specific advice other than it is likely that you have swelling that will resolve leaving the tip appearing smaller and thinner.