Tip slightly large and upturned after rhinoplasty (slight ski-slope effect)

Hi,   I had my splint removed yesterday (9 days after surgery) and i am mostly pleased with how my nose looks. The bridge has been brought down but my only slight concern is the tip of the nose looking too large and slightly upturned.   I have trawled the internet and do realise that this takes time due to swelling but i was wondering if the tip is likely to reduce in size. This is purely a profile issue as i feel the tip of the nose looks larger and slightly upturned. I would hope that the tip will reduce in size and move closer to the face whilst dropping a bit (to make it less ski slope shaped)??    It almost looks like the bridge has been reduced but the tip is similar to my old nose. The tip is slightly swollen from the front view so i am hoping that once the swelling goes down from all angles, that my tip from side view wont stick out as much   Any expert opinion would be appreciated (and comforting!)   The photo was taken in the evening after splint removal on day 9 post operation

Slightly Large and Upturned Nasal Tip After Rhinoplasty

+2

Whether or not your tip will drop and lengthen depends on what was done to the nose during the rhinoplasty procedure. If it was moved up, it was likely overcorrected slightly, which would give the appearance shown in your photo at 9 days out. If this is the case, I would not be worried. Make sure to communicate your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Knowing your nose, they should be able to tell you rather quickly if there are any concerns.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op tip swelling and rotation

+2

That's pretty typically for 1.5 weeks.  Tip is often a bit over rotated compared to it's long-term resting position.  Rhinoplasty is measured in month and years.  You look pretty awesome for this early period.

Dr. Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip and swelling

+2

Your nose looks  very nice from the profile and the tip is usually very swollen at 9 days. Give it time to heal.

Post rhinoplasty

+2

You can not judge your result this early post op. From the photo you show, you have should have a good result.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty and Tip Swelling at 9 days

+2

The tip undoubtedly is swollen and will reduce in size.  With regard to the tip elevation, the final result depends upon a multitude of things.  Your plastic surgeon could give you a better idea.  Although I do not have preop pictures, I think you have a very reasonable early result.