Does Tip Rotation Go Down and Inward with Swelling Decreasing?

I had a tip projection and rotation done May 21st, on May 26th I had the splint and bandages removed, and today is May 29th and I am very concerned. I know it is still early, but I feel like my tip is way too high up, how much more it will rotate down?

Post-op Changes in Tip Rotation

Eight days after rhinoplasty surgery, swelling frequently causes the nose to look over-rotated. Pre-operatively, I always warn my patients about the possibility of this temporary appearance. Be pattient and share your concerns with your surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

tip rotation go down and inward with swelling decreasing

WAY TOO EARLY to tell or even respond to your concerns. Please see your surgeon ASAP. I would wait at least 6 weeks. But you may have a real issue of "over resection".

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Tip changes and Swelling after Rhinoplasty

8 days after your procedure, your nose looks nothing like it will in the end. Try not to be concerned.

If basic tip work was done, then it usually will look a little high. If grafting was done to help lift it, then it will look even higher. If septal work was done for breathing purposes, then it will look even higher.

I always warn my patients that this will happen. Usually, the week after the tape and cast comes off the nose drops a lot. However, some people take longer.

Give it more time, things will definintely change.

Best of luck.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

969 Park Avenue
Manhattan, NY 10028