Tip Rotation and Stiffness?

I had my operation about 1.5 weeks ago. My main concern is whether my tip will drop and also it seems like my nose is frozen when I talk or smile. I know it's early but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. columellar strut, alar base narrowing, dorsal onlay grafting were the maalarin additions of my operation. just to give anyone an idea. Thanks

Postoperative tip rotation and stiffness

+1

You are right that you are very early after surgery.  It is very common for your nose to feel very hard and not move like it did before surgery because it is swollen.  You may feel strange and even have a pulling type of a sensation within your nose when you smile.  It will take 3 months for a lot of the noticable swelling to resolve and 1 year to 18 months for all of it to resolve.  The tip is the last place for the swelling to go out of.  It is also common for the tip to come down some as it heals.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation and stiffness?

+1

is still very soon after your procedure, and stiffness will be present. It is also common to have an upturned nasal tip, which will relax to its final position around 2 weeks post-op. The columellar strut will cause you to feel a significant amount of stiffness at the beginning. The best thing for you to do is give it some time and see how you heal. In general, the side effects of rhinoplasty can include:

1) Stiffness
2) Swelling
3) Asymmetry
4) Congestion for the first two weeks
5) An upturned nasal tip

I would recommend communicating any immediate post-op concerns to your surgeon, as he/she will best be able to answer your questions. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation and stiffness?

+1

The tip will be turned up after surgery, and typically drops to its final position within two weeks. Stiffness is not uncommon at this time following surgery, as you are right around the peak of your swelling. The tip work you had can also add to the stiffness. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any immediate post-op concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nose stiff

+1

At one  to two weeks after surgery, it is quite common to have stiffness and this  may last many months.