Tip-rhinoplasty Possible?

I have a bit of a bolbous tip and I am thinking of correcting it. The this is that when I am sick or otherwhise have low immunosystem I sometimes get herpes ourtbreaks in and around this area. Will cutting and reshaping mabye spread the virus or will possible outbreak complicate the healing?

Herpetic infection of the skin of the nose can be triggered by nasal surgery.

+1

In selected patients a tip rhinoplasty is a good operation. Trauma to the skin can trigger an herpetic outbreak if that is happen to you in the past. You would be covered by an antiviral prophylactically.

Tip-rhinoplasty Possible?

+1

The nasal tip can likely be refined while managing the other concerns provided there is not an underlying immunodeficiency state.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip- Rhinoplasty Possible

+1

While discussing your medical history with your Plastic Surgeon, discuss this herpes concern.  He may want to have you start Valtrex or Zovirax prior to surgery, and for a week or more after surgery.  This should not affect your Rhinoplasty results.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD