Tip Only Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I want the bulbous tip of my nose to be smaller, narrower and not droopy. I know I have a bump in my nose but it doesn't bother me enough to have my nose surgically broken, and I won't do general anesthesia. Is there a minimally invasive way to raise &narrow the tip only, and would I be a good candidate? I don't expect a perfect nose, I just want it to look better than it does now and blend in with my face. Thank you!

Tip Only Rhinoplasty?

+2

If you do not want any dorsal work done, then tip work does not have to be done with general anesthesia.   The tip can be reduced in size and lifted to better meet your goals for your nose.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

You are a great candidate for Tip Only Rhinoplasty

+2
Based on your photos, you would be a great candidate for a tip-plasty. This surgery would address your concerns about the width and position of your tip, creating a tip that is narrower and less droopy. The surgery can be performed under a local anesthetic with some oral or IV sedation (if you are not overly anxious). 
Thank you for your photos and question. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Minimally invasive rhinoplasty works.

+2

Hi.

Your tip needs to be refined and lifted a little, and this can certainly be done under local anesthesia with sedation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tip plasty

+1

If you only want your tip donw, it is called a tip plasty and you probably still need some sedation to tolerate the procedure comfortably.

Tip- plasty only

+1

It is possible to perform only a tip plasty,  however the new tip will be out of balance with a bridge line.   A tip plasty can be performed under IV sedation,not general anesthesia. The surgery cannot be performed under local anesthesia alone since it is too  uncomfortable.

Tip Only Rhinoplasty?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nasal tip is wide and rotated downward.  The best result would be obtained with an Open Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty under a general anesthesia.  The general anesthesia is to allow protection of your airway preventing blood from going down the back of the throat and into the lungs.  If you are willing to do a less effective tip narrowing procedure, this could be done under infiltration with local but this is a compromise to be sure.

Tip Only Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip work can be done under local anesthesia. A minimal hump frequently looks very good on a man. Your goals are not unreasonable.

Tip Only Rhinoplasty?

+1

I do not think so, it is very complicated to operate the nose a little, because it is necessary to maintain the balance.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Pienso que no, es muy complicado operar la nariz por parte, porque es necesario mantener el balance.  

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon