Tip Rhinoplasty or Revision?

I had a slight bump removed during a rhinoplasty two years ago. I still feel that my tip is slightly too long and it's also somewhat drooping, especially when I smile. I want just the tip refined, as the bridge looks fine. Would this be considered a tip rhinoplasty or a revision rhinoplasty? I'm hoping that it will be considered tip only as I understand revision rhinos are 2-3 times more expensive.

Tip rhino -v- revision

+1

The nose generally needs to be considered as a whole.  Many of the revision patients that I see arrived at their discontent via piecemeal approaches.  Often when the surgery focusses on the tip alone the result is one of imbalance.

With that said, the issue of tip rhino -v- revision rhino is an issue of terminology only (and as it relates to price menus).

If you had a rhino before, any future rhino is by definition a revision.  Given you goals, your next surgery may focus on the tip. So it would be a revision rhino...with a focus on the tip.

What any doctor charges for that depends on a lot of factors.

Keep in mind, a revision with a focus on the tip still might be a very complex and elaborate operation depending on what is needed (thus it might be relatively expensive - but its your nose, and you want it to be right the second time around.  focus on experience, reviews and results).  you may consider it a value to pay a little more to get a good subtle natural result that brings you to where you were hoping to get with the first surgery.

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Tip revision

+1

A tip revision is often not as extensive as a primary rhinopalsty,  but it really dependss upon what needs to be done.  An exam is key.  Good luck.

Tip revision vs revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose needs to be examined as a whole since the tip is defined by the relationship it has with the dorsum or bridge of the nose.  Sometimes work needs to be done on the dorsum of the nose in order to make the tip look better.  On occasion, work only is necessary on the tip.   I'd have to examine you to be sure.  A photo would help.

Scott Chapin, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

It is rare that people just need the bump removed in rhinoplasty

+1

A large hump is the #1 reason people seek rhinoplasty, however, it is usually accompanied by at a mildly enlarged nasal tip. That's why I like computer imaging. I can demonstrate how just removing the hump may actually make the tip look worse since the nose is no longer in balance.

If the tip was never treated, it may be just the tip that needs refinement. Although, I often find that at least a little was done to the tip at the same time as hump removal even if that was the main goal. I suggest you see a rhinoplasty specialist and get the best surgery you can. After one surgery you only want one more.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Nasal Tip Revision

+1

If you are not satisfied with your surgical result talk to your surgeon or get an opinion from a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. It makes no difference whether it is called a revision tip plasty or a revision rhinoplasty. Charges will be based on how much work is done.