Tip Rhinoplasty or Full Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I'm unhappy with my nose as I feel it's too big and wide. I've been different things by 2 surgeons: the first said a tip rhinoplasty was enough, the second said a full rhinoplasty. My desired outcome is to have a smaller refined nose (my reference photo was Angelina Jolie) but most importantly a rhinoplasty that enhances my other features. My family say it's going to leave me looking mutilated!! Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated in deciding which surgeon to go with.

Tip-plasty or rhinoplasty

+1

When the rhinoplasty procedure involves the entire nose, it is considered a full rhinoplasty.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow and straighten the upper two-thirds of the nose which is both bone and cartilage.  Techniques to narrow and refine the lower lateral cartilages and reduce the bulbosity of the nasal tip are also performed.  When performing osteotomies and tip surgeries, it is considered a full rhinoplasty.  All of our incisions are placed on the internal portion of the nose so there are no external incisions and no packing placed inside of the nose.  We perform rhinoplasty under general anesthesia in a certified and licensed surgery center.  We also have board certified physician anesthesiologists in attendance for patient’s safety.

Full rhinoplasty vs tip only rhinoplasty

+1

Full rhinoplasty. Refining the nasal tip by-itself would leave the nose out of balance. The nasal bones are wide and need to be brought in and made narrower. The tip can be defined by a combination of cartilage trimming and suturing. Also when considering facial balance, don't forget the chin. A little vertical height with a chin implant can add to the balance of your face. I hope this helps. Good luck

Chester K. Cheng, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty or Full Rhinoplasty

+1

I feel you should have a full rhinoplasty to narrow and slightly augment the nasal bridge. Your nose will not be mutilated is the work is done by an experienced surgeon whose results you like.

Rhinoplasty

+1

A carefully planned rhinoplasty should not leave you mutilated. It should provide an improvement of your nose to be more proportionate to your face.

Open Structure Rhinoplasty

+1

There are no shortcuts in rhinoplasty. You have a very tough nose which would require an open structure approach. Your nasal bones require narrowing as does your tip. Please call my office if you would like more information for a consult.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS