Can I Have a Tip Rhinoplasty for my Bulbous Nose? (photo)

Can I Have a Tip Rhinoplasty for my Bulbous Nose? I Don't Want to Get Rid of the Bump and my Nose Length is Not the Problem.

Nose Tip Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Spliter,

As a short answer to your question, it would be a YES.

However, you have to keep in mind that facial dimensions and keeping your look natural may require that you do consider a full rhinoplasty as if one part of the nose has been changed (even conservatively) will affect the entire face.

The photographs you have attached are not enough to give you a solid advise on how to proceed.

I advise you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in Rhinoplasty who will examine you and will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Tip Rhinoplasty

+2

Yes, Tiplasty surgery is often performed to reduce the bulbosity of the tip of the nose. In general, it can take up to a year or more to see the end results of tip reduction, so  you must have a great deal of patience. Personal preference will determine how much you narrow the tip of nose.

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/rhinoplasty_surgery.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

+2

Yes, you can have a tip rhinoplasty. It would most likely give you a very desireable outcome, but please keep in mind that it will take up to one year before you see the final result.

Tip rhinoplasty only?

+2

I think you should be very careful about only a tip rhinoplasty. The bridge, or dorsum, of your nose is what is giving your tip a good bit of support. Most methods of tip rhinoplasty will weaken, or drop, the tip of your down, which may make your tip look larger. It's not like it couldn't be done but it might give you a result that you were not expecting. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Rhinoplasty

+2

You need to have your nasal hump reduced, The tip refined, thick nasal tip skin thinned, reduce flared alae and nasal base as well as narrow the nose. Just doing the tip will give you a pinched look and won't go with wide upper aspect of your nose. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can tip rhinoplasty be done without hump reduction?

+2

Darryl, first of all how old are you? You look young on the photos, and rhinoplasty is not recommended in males younger than 16 or so.

Besides this point, if you are talking just about some narrowing of the alar base, then it could be done without anything else being done to the nose.  This is a small procedure that can be done in the office under local anesthesia. However, if you are talking about a real tip surgery, then I would recommend to address your dorsal hump as well at the same time.

Can I Have a Tip Rhinoplasty for my Bulbous Nose?

+2

The disfigured photos make it hard to evaluate. But yes you can have a tip rhinoplasty but only in person evaluations would make the decision easier. 

Bulbous tip

+2

Hi,

Just reducing your bulbous tip and not addressing your bump would look a little odd. The tip and bridge go hand in hand. They have to blend with one another. Unless you are looking for a very slight reduction in the tip width, I would address the entire nose.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/rhinoplasty-surgery-complications.htm

+2

Yes, you can just reduce or reshape the tip of your nose without removing the dorsal hump or the length of your nose. 

Tip rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for your question and the pictures. Many patient when they request rhinoplasty they are concerned about one  or two problems with their nose. But, after full nasal examination by a plastic surgeon, you may fine that you need more than tip rhinoplasty to achieve harmony in your nasal appearance. I suggest you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has interest in rhinoplasty. Good luck.