Is a Tip Rhinoplasty Enough to Correct This Nose or is There Also Bone Work That Needs to Be Done to Even It Out? (photo)

My nose tip looks like a ball(clown nose). I avoid smiling in pictures because my nose looks even more like a ball when I smile. Contouring with makeup Does nothing for the boxy shape, it still looks ball like. Is it a simple procedure and could it be done closed?

Limited Rhinoplasty

+1

A tip rhinoplasty could be done to improve the appearance of your nose but I would encourage you to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to discuss the benefits of a full rhinoplasty which I think you should consider.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose is made of skin, bone and cartilage. Surgically, we are able to change the cartilage, the bone but not the skin. To achieve the best result in Rhinoplasty-- all components must be maximally addressed. Based on your photo, a full treatment is required. Treating the tip alone will be inadequate.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Is a Tip Rhinoplasty Enough to Correct This Nose or is There Also Bone Work That Needs to Be Done to Even It Out?

+1

A small amount of dorsal hump reduction can be performed along with tip refinement in a closed rhinoplasty to achieve your goals. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

From your pictures it appears that you may require some bridge work as well to bring the profile into balance. Tip-only rhinoplasties are uncommon, but consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon