Are Tip Rhinoplasty/Chin Lipo Possible with Local Anesthesia?

I am looking to get some work done on my chin and nose but am TERRIFIED of general anesthesia, it is just not an option for me. I was wondering if there are any doctors in California or Oregon that can do some tip refinement on my nose with local anesthesia and maybe very light sedation if absolutely necessary? My nose is not horrible, but I believe it gets too wide for my face when I smile, and I have a bit of a bulbous tip. Looking to do this with some laser lipo under my chin. Can email pics?

Nose and lipo underlocal.

+2
Yes these can easily be done together under local anesthesia with light sedation. The most important thing is to choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. You can email photos for a specific analysis.

+2

Yes. We have performed rhinoplasty with chin implant or liposuction under local anesthesia. Once, you have obtained adequate nerve blocks just like the one given for dental work, there is no pain associated with these surgeries. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty with local and IV sedation.

+1

Hello. Yes, a tip Rhinoplasty or chin liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia with IV sedation and should be done in an accredited operating room. I recommend IV sedation for the patients’ comfort and safety.  For chin liposuction local anesthesia only may be an option. Please be assured that a board certified plastic surgeon will recommend what is best for you while keeping cost a factor.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Combined Tip Rhinoplasty With Liposuction Under Local

+1
It is possible to this type of combined plastic surgery under local with some light sedation. The nose is more like to benefit from at least some light sedation. The chin liposuction, which we do commonly in conjunction with cosmetic nose reshaping, can be done with local tumescent anesthesia (where we inject the anesthetic solution using a specialized device to numb a wide surface area).

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/procedures/rhinoplasty-san-diego-ca/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Smart Lipo of Neck Under Local

+1

Yes, minor improvements to the nasal tip and Smart Lipo of the neck can both be performed in the appropriate surgical candidate under local anesthesia with mild sedation.  Nasal tip plasty usually requires only alterations in the nasal tip cartilage, and no fracturing of the nasal bones.  WIth the appropriate administration of local anesthetic for pain control and hemostasis(control of bleeding), and proper surgical techinique the tip can be reshaped without pain or marked bleeding.  Smart Lipo of the neck is routinely done under local anesthetic.  Please send your pictures in order for us to further evaluate your case.  Good Luck... Dr. Corrado

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/procedures/neck_liposuction.php

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Chin Liposuction under Local Anesthesia

+1

Yes, you can have your nose and chin liposuction done under local anesthesia with sedation. Please e-mail photographs so your nose can be evaluated and recommendations made. We frequently do this with patients  who live elsewhere, either here in the United States or out of the country.

Local anesthesia not advised for tip plasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and while it's common to have neck lipo under a local, I would not advise trying a tip plasty the same way. The nose when operated on can bleed quite a bit and that blood going down the back of your throat, during the tip plasty, could cause you to choke. You would also be at risk of aspitrating the blood. At the very least, you'll be miserable, moving making the survey more difficult for the surgeon and in the worst scenario you have one of the issues mentioned above.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Local anesthesia for tip work Yes or No

+1

Dear Victoria,

The simple answer is that most surgical procedures in our field can be done under local anesthesia and sedation.  However that does not mean that they should be.  First of all if you are a healthy person general anesthesia may be very safe and I usually recommended it for Rhinoplasty procedures.   I agree with Dr. Mayer, you definitely want a thorough evaluation of your nasal anatomy and the necessary procedure to improve it’s overall appearance by an experienced surgeon.  Nasal surgery is very delicate work and sometimes requires more manipulation than you might imagine.  So depending on the amount of manipulation that is necessary to improve the appearance of your nasal tip the recommended anesthetic procedure might change from a local to a general anesthetic.

Rhinoplasty and chin liposuction under local anesthesia

+1

Yes, you can have a "tip" rhinoplasty and chin liposuction done under local anesthesia with some mild sedation.  Since your nose will not require any nasal bone fractures, this is quite possible. As long as you are fairly cooperative this can be done with minimal discomfort.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Rhinoplasty and Chin lioposuction under light sedation.

+1

Sure, and it can be performed quite comfortably on THE RIGHT PATIENT.    What I mean by this is if the patient is motivated for a procedure under local anesthesia, these areas can be easily numbed, but the patient will be aware of everything going on with the procedure.  I have performed this procedure many times with local anesthesia with  no complaints.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon