Going Back to Boxing After Tip Rhinoplasty?

I'm a boxer and recently had Rhinoplasty. I didn't have anything done with the bone or anything like that; I only had my droopy tip raised. I believe they fixed it by inserting cartridge. How long should I wait before I can step into the ring and start fighting again without risking that my nose goes back to the droopy position?

Boxing after Rhinoplasty

+1

My advice is that you shouldn't box again. Having said that, let's do a reality check. Wait  several months . In Mohammed Ali's words you may be "pretty", but you will probably injure your nose during future fights. Wait until you hang up the gloves to do any additional nasal surgery.

The professional answer is 3-6 months.

+1

Your doctor should have told you when you could do this. You can always break a nose even after 6-12 months. But I'd say the minimum is 3 for what you're doing.

Boxing and rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for your question -

Boxing is a high risk activity after rhinoplasty.

In our San Francisco office we recommend that patients avoid high risk contact sports (karate, mixed martial arts and boxing) for 6 months to a year.

Be advised that no amount of time will insure that a quick left to your nose won't cause problems.

Steven H. Williams, MD