Tip Revision? (photo)

Hello, I had a open rhinoplasty almost two weeks ago and although the results are btter than my previous nose I am still unhappy with how my nose still hangs and is a bit too long. I feel like it still "hooks" I dont know if I am being unrealistic but I wanted a more petite tip, Is a revision necessary? Will swelling go down? Would a doctor charge me less if I went to the same surgeon? I am not bothered by the profile at all more interested in my tip being big still. Thanks in advance.

Tip revision?

+1

2 weeks is still very soon after your procedure, and there is swelling present that will affect the appearance of your result. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your surgery. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal, as it is too early to come to any conclusions. Following up with your surgeon would be the next best step, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty tip revision, nasal tip correction

+1

rhinoplasty tip revision, nasal tip correction

your surgeon wants you to be happy and is the best start to getting this right.  taping and massage may help early on.

wait 2-3 months to see the improvements before considering more surgery

Tip revision following open rhinoplasty

+1

At just two weeks post open rhinoplasty it is much too early to consider a tip revision.  With any rhinoplasty it can take 6 to 12 months for tip swelling to subside.  This is especially true after an open rhinoplasty.  The swelling will go down over the next several months.  Follow your surgeon's advice - now is not the time to switch to another surgeon.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see. No surgery before then to let the swelling subside. 

Too early to think about revision

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. The immediate post-operative period is very difficult after rhinoplasty. Significant swelling can make the nose look too big or even asymmetric. In most cases, after the swelling resolves and the nose settles, patients are happy with the results.  This process can take months, however, so patience is very important. Please stay in touch with your surgeon.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Dear ashton_lovely,

1. I agree with the other doc that you should wait a little and let the swelling come down
  2. The tip does not even begin to show for 3 months
  3. Although it may hang low now, it can change during that time
  4. If you went to the same surgeon, usually they do revisions for just the cost of the facility and anesthesia, but that is a discussion you need to have with him

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nose Shape after Rhinoplasty

+1

Please be patient with your results after rhinoplasty.  When the issue is size, it almost always changes with time.  It can take the better part of 6 months to really get an idea of how your tip will look. In some individuals, there is still dramatic changes that occur as far out as 6 to 12 months.  In general, as long as there are no other glaring problems like asymmetry, lumps or bumps, you will probably see general improvement to your nose.

Focus on the improvement you already notice, and you will probably see even more with time.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revision?

+1

At two weeks you can not judge the final result.  Swelling will continue to resolve for up to a year and the appearance can change.  At that time, if you are unhappy a revision can be considered.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD