Is a Tip Revision a Major Procedure Like Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty a couple of yrs ago and am happy with the bridge. But the tip is not straight! It curves to the left and I hate it. I am not going back to that doctor but want to get it fixed but am wondering if it is as major as the original surgery? Not sure I want to go through that again, or spend a lot more money.

Revision Rhinoplasty on the nasal tip is no easy task

+3

Revision rhinoplasty, especially when it involves the nasal tip is not a physically debilitating procedure for the patient, but, it is a technically difficult procedure for the surgeon. The description that you have provided is not a simple problem. There is likely a combination of weekend cartilage of the tip, a potentially crooked nasal septum, significant scar tissue, and healing forces which likely caused your tip to deviate after several years. You will need an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with revision surgery of the tip.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problems with secondary or revision tip nose job (rhinoplasty)

+2

It is difficult to tell without an examination. What may seem to you like a simple surgery can actually be quite complex and a sign of a more complicated underlying problem.

Revision rhinoplasty of the nasal tip

+1
The answer to your question is two fold, yes tip revision surgery can be minor as it usually involves tip cartilage and not the boney nasal framework. Secondly the crooked tip could be secondary due to a deviated septum. It is likely this would be less invasive however a physical examination and discussion with a skilled Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon should determine this. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Major vs minor revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I always have defined major as anything on myself or a family member, so by that definition the answer would be yes it is major. As a general rule any revision rhinoplasty is difficult and should not be considered trivial.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine exactly what your needs are without seeing photos and/or performing an examination. The deviation can be due to the tip or the septum (if septum is deviated). It really depends on what the problem is. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Rhinoplasty

+1

Any secondary rhinoplasty is a major surgery. Any surgery carry a certain amount of risk including the need for another surgery, not achieving the results you want.

A deviated nose or tip is not that easy to repair.

Tipplasty

+1

Hi,

Tip revisions can be minor. It all depends on what needs to be done. A crooked tip can involve re-straitening the septum and other nasal cartilage and bone abnormalities. This would probably require a major revision.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com