Tip Refinement or Not Enough? (photo)

I would like to get my nose tip refined--I don't want to completely change the way I look. Can I achieve the look in the attached photos with just a tip procedure? (don't mind my awkward pictures I was trying to get up close to computer camera) I know this can be quite difficult sometimes but in some cases it can be done. Also, I live in NYC but am willing to travel as budget is a concern of mine. What type of cost would I be looking at?

Tip -v- Full Rhinoplasty

+1

I have to agree with one of the other respondents.  A side view would allow us to give a more conclusive answer.  With that said, I am a strong advocate of complete or full rhinoplasties.  It is my opinion that it is a rare nose that benefits from a tip rhino alone.  I have seen these attempts (in patients who come to see me for revisions of other surgeon's work) lead to disharmony among the sub-features of the nose.  In fact it is my opinion that a full rhinoplasty is a better way to no completely change the way you look because it will keep you nose more natural with subtle yet synchronous changes throughout.

There are many direct flights from NYC to Austin.  I would be glad to video consult if you desire.  I do this frequently for out of town patients.

Take care.

Nothing wrong with seeking local plastic surgeon consultations

+1

Thank you for  the question and the photos.  There should be well trained plastic surgeons in the NYC area that offer complimentary consultations.  I would start there as an in-depth analysis will likely serve you best.  Both your surgical options as well as the cost of the procedure can be evaluated fully.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tip refinement

+1

Thanks for posting the photos, but an exam in person is really the best way to go to get a proper evaluation.  Many times I will only treat the tip if the other portions of the nose look good. Good luck!

Tip Refinement or Not Enough?

+1

Photos are not helpful as you posted, no side view! Tip rhinoplasties cost vary from $4,000 to $6,000. Best to seek in person evaluations even in NYC! 

Best Nasal Tip Refinement Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Blove,

Great question and your photo and photo-shop is excellent.  With a properly performed  conservative rhinoplasty I believe that the results that you have created should be obtainable.   I just removed the tape and splint of a woman today with a nose identical to yours (though noses are like snow-flakes, no two are exactly the same).  Four days after her rhinoplasty in which the tip was refined, a very small dorsal bump and small edges of nasal bones were conservatively taken down, the the middle third of the nose was actually widened by 1-2 millimeters with very thin spreader grafts, she is extremely happy with her new nose.  She would be happy to speak with you if you wish.  

The cost of rhinoplasty varies depending on many factors, but cost should not be the determining factor.  The cost of repairing a "cheap" poorly performed rhinoplasty is very costly.  Most importantly, take the time to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully and make sure that he/she shares your artistic vision.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Achieving tip refinement

+1

Hello blove419,

It's hard to say whether a tip rhinoplasty alone is appropriate in your situation from seeing only your frontal photos. The simulated rhinoplasty result you submitted does seem reasonable, though.

You can read more about tip rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip plasty only

+1

It is impossible to give an opinion whether or not  a patient can only get away with tip- plasty versus a full rhinoplasty. Important to make sure that  all of the components of the nose balance with themselves, and the new nose balances with the patient's facial features. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try from different angles to see if  a tip-plasty will work.

Conservative tip refinement

+1

You can certainly achieve the kind of conservative and natural tip refinement you are after.  See the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty or just tip refinement.

+1

You probably need a little bit more than just took refinement. I need a profile view to determine whether or not you have a bump which would need to be removed and the nose brought in slightly. Also you have to depressions just above the tip which could be filled with small cartilage grafts for the mid nose.