Tip Raised Too High, when Will It Drop After Rhinoplasty?

I had an OPEN rhinoplasty about 2 wks ago. My doctor removed a hump, narrowed the bridge, and raised tip. Now I fear my tip is too high. The cast and taping have all been removed from my nose and I still feel like my tip is too high. Will the tip drop as the swelling goes away? Can this be fixed?

Tip Too High after Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

At 2 weeks you should expect swelling in your tip. This swelling may make the tip of your nose appear high. Give is another 3 to 4 months, I'm sure that your tip will drop somewhat.

Best.

Dr.S.

Height of Nasal Tip

+1

The appearance of your tip will change as swelling decreases - you're only two weeks post-op. I cannot evaluate your tip position with a close-up picture that does not show head position. If you're ultimately not satisfied, this can be revised.

Tips drop after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is still too soon to make a judgement. When the swell subsides the tip will drop. Be patient for the next 6 months.

Nasal Tip NOT too High

+1

From my perspective, you have a great result and your nasal tip is NOT too high. It will come down somewhat in a few weeks. I would advise you to be patient. if this is your two week result, your final results would be even better.

TIp and rhinoplasty

+1

Just from the photo, your tip does not look too high, but if you feel it is, then good news is that it probably will drop a bit over time.

The tip in rhinoplasty

+1

The tip will settle at about 2-3 months time.  Looking at your photos, your angle does not look over-rotated in my opinion.

But I usually tell my patients that what you have at about 6 months time is about 90% of what you will be left with.  The next 6 months will maybe change your nose about 5-10%

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Tip drop two weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

From the limited picture you've posted, the tip does not look over-rotated or too high. Depending on the surgical techniques used and the degree of swelling post-op, most tips will appear to drop slightly over the first few weeks after rhinoplasty (usually about two weeks) as swelling at the columellar base resolves.

Good luck,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raised tip after rhinoplasty

+1

According to the photo, your tip appears appropriate for 2 weeks. you will experience noticable drooping of the tip. By about 2 months, you will have a much better idea of what the long lasting tip position will look like.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip elevation after rhinoplasty

+1

The tip position after rhinoplasty typically drops within about six weeks and that is much more common than staying overly elevated. Sometimes downward taping can help accelerate the situation but I would consult with your surgeon first.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

The profile photo of your nose looks good 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Your tip will lower slightly over the ensuing weeks following your Rhinoplasty Surgery. I think your tip and profile looks particularly nice 2 weeks following Rhinoplasty. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon