Tip Raised Too High, when Will It Drop After Rhinoplasty?

I had an OPEN rhinoplasty about 2 wks ago. My doctor removed a hump, narrowed the bridge, and raised tip. Now I fear my tip is too high. The cast and taping have all been removed from my nose and I still feel like my tip is too high. Will the tip drop as the swelling goes away? Can this be fixed?

Tip Too High after Rhinoplasty

Hi,

At 2 weeks you should expect swelling in your tip. This swelling may make the tip of your nose appear high. Give is another 3 to 4 months, I'm sure that your tip will drop somewhat.

Best.

Dr.S.

Height of Nasal Tip

The appearance of your tip will change as swelling decreases - you're only two weeks post-op. I cannot evaluate your tip position with a close-up picture that does not show head position. If you're ultimately not satisfied, this can be revised.

Tips drop after rhinoplasty.

It is still too soon to make a judgement. When the swell subsides the tip will drop. Be patient for the next 6 months.

Nasal Tip NOT too High

From my perspective, you have a great result and your nasal tip is NOT too high. It will come down somewhat in a few weeks. I would advise you to be patient. if this is your two week result, your final results would be even better.

TIp and rhinoplasty

Just from the photo, your tip does not look too high, but if you feel it is, then good news is that it probably will drop a bit over time.

The tip in rhinoplasty

The tip will settle at about 2-3 months time.  Looking at your photos, your angle does not look over-rotated in my opinion.

But I usually tell my patients that what you have at about 6 months time is about 90% of what you will be left with.  The next 6 months will maybe change your nose about 5-10%

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Tip drop two weeks after rhinoplasty

From the limited picture you've posted, the tip does not look over-rotated or too high. Depending on the surgical techniques used and the degree of swelling post-op, most tips will appear to drop slightly over the first few weeks after rhinoplasty (usually about two weeks) as swelling at the columellar base resolves.

Good luck,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raised tip after rhinoplasty

According to the photo, your tip appears appropriate for 2 weeks. you will experience noticable drooping of the tip. By about 2 months, you will have a much better idea of what the long lasting tip position will look like.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip elevation after rhinoplasty

The tip position after rhinoplasty typically drops within about six weeks and that is much more common than staying overly elevated. Sometimes downward taping can help accelerate the situation but I would consult with your surgeon first.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

The profile photo of your nose looks good 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

Your tip will lower slightly over the ensuing weeks following your Rhinoplasty Surgery. I think your tip and profile looks particularly nice 2 weeks following Rhinoplasty. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon