Closed Rhinoplasty - Tip Raised Too High

I had a closed rhinoplasty ten days ago, and my tip seems too high. The PS said he would raise it slightly, but it seems to have been overdone. I posted a before and after. Maybe I am just not used to it yet, but is there any chance that the tip will fall down a bit?

Tip issue

+1

Your profile view of your rhinoplasty looks very nice. The tip will in all likelihood come down a bit more, but it looks very nice now from the view I see.

High Tip

+1

You are ten days out and there is no way of assessing your nose.  In general, your tip should fall, especially if a closed technique was performed.  Additionally, swelling at the base of the nose near the upper lip acts like a jack, hoisting up the tip. As this subsides, your tip will drop.

Try not to worry right now; be patient and give it time.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tip elevation after closed rhinoplasty

+1

There is certainly swelling at the base of your nose this early after surgery that would cause the tip to rotate upward. Depending on how the tip cartilages were secured and what was done exactly will determine how much settling to expect. It usually takes several weeks for most of this settling to occur.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Overly rotated nasal tip with upturned nose.

+1

Yes, because it is ONLY 10 days, it is highly likely that this will soften and drop wtih time

Tip too high after rhinoplasty

+1
Do not worry about how your nose looks for the next three months. It will take at least that long to settle out.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Your tip will fall!

+1

I don't know why surgeons don't tell their patients that the tip WILL FALL! Always! The swelling keeps it up for weeks.

Raised nasal tip after closed rhinoplasty

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Madison, WI,
According to your description you had a closed rhinoplasty ten days ago, and you feel the tip seems too high. I reviewed your rhinoplasty before and after pictures, the after photo looks good. Remember there is going to be certain degree of swelling after rhinoplasty that cause the nasal tip to appear pulled up. Once the swelling subside you’ll be very happy. This is normal anxiety experienced by rhinoplasty patients, enjoy your nose, it looks good.

Kevin Sadati, DO