Unhappy With Tip Rotation. Will my Tip Raise Anymore?

Hey. I have rhinoplasty just over 7 week ago, and he has not done what I wanted. As you can see in the pics (especially the front view) my tip droops a lot. It really dets my confidence a lot. I know it is still swollen, but will the tip raise as the swelling goes down? Thanks, Chris

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the nasal tip may drop in rotatioin slightly after a Rhinoplasty but will never raise or rotate upward.  There's simply no mechanism to cause the nasal tip to rotate upward against gravity during the post Rhinoplasty stage.  Sadly, it just doesn't work that way.

Tip rotation

+1

If your supratip area is still swollen then as it goes down your tip will have the illusion of rotating up. Otherwise it probably won't change position very much.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy

+1

unfortunately I don't think your tip will rotate upward at this point .You need to let it heal completely before any thoughts of further surgery

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Tip rotation after rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal tip is the mobile part of the nose which will swell upward, and then settle into place the first week or so as the swelling subsides. If the tip is up too high after surgery, it may come down a bit over several months of healing, however I have never seen it go the other way.

peterejohnsonmd