Tip Projection in Revision Rhinoplasty

I am still so early in the revision recovery process, but can swelling make the tip seem over projected?? I thought swelling made the nose seem wider and not longer?

Overprojected early post-op

+1

yes! early post-op noses should look a bit over-projected since projection will almost always decrease over time

Tip overprojection can be due to swelling

+1

Yes, the tip swelling that occurs after surgery will also cause the nose to appear more projected. You should ask your surgeon whether anything was done surgically to increase the projection of the tip.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip projection and revision

+1

Yes, it is very possible that swelling can make the tip seem over projected. This may take 6 months to a year to settle down.

Swelling and Tip Projection

+1

Swelling after a revision rhinoplasty will make it very difficult to determine the ultimate size, width, definition, or projection of your nose. Your surgeon, who knows exactly what was done during your operaton, is the best person to answer your question about tip projection.