Tip Plasty 1 Weeks Ago, How Long Will Swelling Last and What Will the Final Result Look Like? (photo)

Because if so..Right now its very wide and hard. And one side seems higher then the other . I have these irrational thoughts daily but am to shy to call up my doc and ask...I am not sure if there is anything anyone can say .

How long will swelling last and what will the final result look like?

+1

1 week is still very soon after your surgery, and you have some healing to go. It is not abnormal for the nose to appear wide and hard at this stage. Swelling may cause one side to appear higher than the other, as it can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. Swelling may be influenced by the following:

1) Whether tip work was performed
2) Whether the procedure was open or closed
3) Thickness of the patient's skin
4) Whether or not the procedure was a revision

I'm sure your surgeon would be happy to follow up with you regarding any questions or concerns you have, and I would recommend reaching out to him or her. Thanks and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Plasty 1 Weeks Ago, How Long Will Swelling Last and What Will the Final Result Look Like?

+1

Only 1 week post op!!! Allow 3 months at a minium of healing than if not happy see your surgeon to discuss//

+1

After rhinoplasty, swelling can persist for up to a year.  The nose shape will definitely change.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

At one week you can not determine your final result from your tip rhinoplasty.  Relax and give ti a chance. There is really not much that can be done to speed up the process. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

You will still be considerably swollen after one week. Swelling can cause the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Your final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Swelling in the tip is usually the last to come around. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time. I would recommend communicating any concerns to your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tip swelling 1 week after tip-plasty

+1

You will continue to see improvement over the next several weeks to months. However, postoperative swelling and hardness in the tip of the nose can take several months to over a year to resolve. Be patient. The appearance of your nose will get better with time. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD