Tip Plasty? (photo)

Ive had rhinoplasty done almost a year ago. The tip of my nose looks exactly the same if not worse. When I smile it looks like a huge V shape. I do not want to go through another rhinoplasty recovery, because it was unbearable for me. I was wondering if rhinoplasty of the nasal tip would help my situation.. To basically lift my tip up a little more. Any advise'?

Tip plasty

+1

Without an exam and other views of photos it is difficult to say what could be done. It is very possible to achieve those goals.

Revision nasal tip surgery

+1

It is possible to improve the appearance of your tip if you are still concerned especially elevating or rotating the tip upward. The procedure should be less involved if you are otherwise happy with the rest of your nose. It is difficult to tell from the frontal view alone what is your concern. I would seek the advice of a physician with expertise in revision rhinoplasty procedures.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Plasty?

+1

Yes tip rhinoplasty will improve but there is a healing/pain phase to go through again. Discuss with your surgeon or find another one. 

Nasal tip surgery

+1

Nasal tip surgery can certainly be done effectively for many patients.  It is difficult to tell from one photo whether this would be the best procedure for you.  Consulting with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty is my best advice for determining what your options are.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty will lift nasal tip.

+1

Hi.

It looks like a tip rhinoplasty will make you look better.  But you basically need another operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tip plasty

+1

Hi Marelli,

The angle of the photo submitted will show pronounced tip deformity and therefore more images should be seen to comment.

If this appearance is also shown in your profile a tip plasty can improve on the shape of the nose.Different PS use different techniques of tip plasty and which one I will use  will depend on my clinical findings on clinical examination.

Good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

NASAL TIP SURGERY

+1

Hi Marelli:

It's difficult to give you an accurate advise based only in this frontal (and superiorly focused) photo, but I think that your nasal tip shape and final appearance would be clearly improved with an open rhinoplasty. Your tip can be defined, slightly narrowed and rotated-lifted up.

It's not a very difficult surgery if performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in nasal surgery and secondary rhinoplasty.

Good luck!

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Tip Plasty in Nasal Surgery

+1

It is difficult to recommend changes in your tip after viewing the one picture your submitted. A full set of nasal pictures as described on my website would help. However a limited rhinoplasty operation confined to your tip can be done.

Tongue-in-groove maneuver to elevate the ptotic tip in rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the single view photo provided, and your description, a tip-plasty which incorporates a tongue-in-groove maneuver would significantly improve your nasal appearance.  A tongue-in-groove would elevate your tip, as well as your columella, and eliminate the huge V shape that you dislike.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD