If I Had Tip-Plasty at 6 Months, Can I Have my Dorsum, Radix Augmented Under a Year?

I had a small Tip Rhinoplasty, Now I notice my bridge needs to be raised as well as the radix. I know that revision rhinoplasty is not recommended until one year post surgery. Because of residual swelling. Are there any exceptions?. ( my original surgery was very small and miniscule. I know the tip holds most of the swelling? I am patient, I was just wondering of there is any way to expedite the process of getting my bridge raised to create a more masculine look? thanks

Wait 1 year prior to additional nasal surgery

+1

It is important not to undergo further nasal surgery for at least 1 year after the tip plasty.  This will ensure complete healing has taken place and the relationship between the nasal bridge and tip have solidified prior to embarking on further refinement.

Revision rhinoplastry in less than a year

+1

Only your original surgeon can estimate if all your swelling has gone down, based on what he/she did at the time of surgery, how thick your skin is and how the nose has evolved during the healing process so far and whether or not it would be wise to proceed further at this time.

Russell W. H. Kridel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Additional Nasal Work 6 Months after Tip-Plasty

+1

If your surgeon agrees that the previous tip work was truly minimal, I don't think it would be necessary to wait a full year before having surgery to improve your bridge and radix. You and your surgeon should discuss the timing of that 2nd procedure.

+1

The recommended time between Rhinoplasty procedures is a minimum of 6 months.  This would include any form of Tip Plasty as well.  The more invasive the Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty, the longer the time span between procedures and that's where a year would come in.  From what you're describing 6 months may very well be the appropriate amount of time to wait.

6 months post op

+1

It is often possible to perform a revision at six months. It really depends on what was done initially ,what will be done now and how you are healing.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

I think it is good practice to wait about a year.  The nose is very sensitive to swelling and the tissues when swollen are more difficult to work with.