Do you think that a tip plasty and nostril reduction can help my nose look better? Do you think that is what I need? (photo)

I am an Asian female. I have a small face, but the nose doesn't match everything else in my face. My plastic surgeon recommended a tip plasty with nostril reduction to reduce the width of the nose. She says that I have a bulbous tip. My nose usually looks fine when pictures aren't taken up close. I am very scared for my surgery and I just want to make sure this is what can help the situation. I don't want the results to be too noticeable because my nose is a major feature on my face!

Tip plasty and Asian rhinoplasty

Georgianna, based on your photos, your tip does appear bulbous and wide. While it appears that you would benefit from refinement and narrowing of your nostrils, it is somewhat hard to judge based on limited views of your nose. My advice is for you to obtain additional consultations with rhinoplasty specialists. Good luck,

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

1430 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10021

Do you think that a tip plasty and nostril reduction can help my nose look better? Do you think that is what I need?

I think those things you have mentioned are reasonable.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tip-plasty and nostril reduction in Asian rhinoplasty

You can have the tip reinforced and a small muscle removed in order to keep the tip from distorting as much when you smile. If you're happy with how it looks when you're not smiling, then you may or may not need the nostrils addressed or the rest of the nose.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

462 N. Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Tip Plasty and Nostril Reduction

These procedures would improve your tip but I cannot suggest that you do this after seeing just a limited, small part of your nose. I need to see a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

I think you need an inperson consulation where I can see your nose in relationship to your face. The photo is not helpful. Go seek a professional opinion.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

308 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075